outdoor treats and eats part two

175/365

Ever have those days when you feel like your getting no where? Well I feel like I've been having them too frequently lately and I don't like it. So I think it might be time for a change, maybe even a vacation or a small road trip to liven the spirits ...or maybe I could just do with an ice cream. I do like ice cream.

Okay, so enough with the little rant, I bring you part two of the outdoor treats and eats series. So wether your going on a weekend road trip, a picnic in the park or even to your next door neighbors bbq the one thing you will surly bring is food. Here's two delicious dishes that are sure to please.

Summer bean salad
1 can white navy beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil or half a cup of baby basil leaves, you can leave those whole.
30g feta cheese
1 garlic clove finely chopped
a good lug of olive oil
juice of half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Add all the ingredients to a medium size bowl and mix together. Let sit for about half an hour since the longer it sits the better it tastes.

Garlic rosemary roasted potatoes
1 1.5lb bag of mini potatoes
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tsp of fresh chopped rosemary of 1 tbsp of dried rosemary
1 tsp of dried parsley
4 tbsp of olive oil + extra
salt and pepper to taste

Cut the potatoes in half and place in a pot of water and bring to a boil for about 8- 10 min just until they are soft (test with a fork). Get a sheet pan and cover in tin foil. Drain the potatoes and place back in the pot. Add the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, parsley and salt and pepper to the pot with the potatoes and place the lid on and give it a good shake to mix everything together. Pour out onto the baking sheet, try and face all the potatoes cut side up. Give a good lug of olive over the tops, here, feel free to add a bit more rosemary and salt and pepper to the tops of the potatoes. I usually cook these under the broiler on high until they turn brown and crispy,t his can happen fast so be careful of any burning action. Feel free to cook at 350 d for about 10-15min until they start going golden and brown.

Comments

♥peachkins♥ said…
I love potatoes..This one i'll bookmark and make as a side dish!
El said…
Yes, I've had many of those days. Sometimes a change of scenery is exactly what's needed. Of course, it would help to pack these delicious salads and take them with you!
Cherie said…
I know the feeling! Change is always good. Take a vacation, preferably to a foodie destination, that'll surely make you feel good about life again:)
Bianca said…
Bean salad looks delicious! I am on a bit of a salad kick, being summer and all. I will definitely be putting this on my "to make" list!
Chef Chuck said…
Beans, beans and more beans!! Great party dishes. Plus roasted potatoes yes, this is all a fine blend of good foods and herbs, for all of us!
Thank you, Ash!
Amanda said…
I have a feeling I could eat my weight in those potatoes. I'll have to make them soon.
giozi said…
This look great.
Kajka said…
Mmmm...interesting combination with these bean salad. Beautiful. So as are those golden colored potatos.

Popular Posts